MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019-20: The National Merit Scholarship Scheme which was active till 31st March 2007 was aimed to provide financial assistance to merit students who are studying in Class XII to the ones who are in Post-graduation level. The Union Government has introduced a scholarship scheme which is named as Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship For College and University after the banishment of the previous one. Like the earlier one, this has also aimed to guard the pecuniary blockage of needy students from struggling families studying at high school level onwards.
The MHRD Merit Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of senior secondary examination score or result. A total of 82000 new scholarships are created per year that is equally distributed among boys and girls. The scholarship will cover the financial lacking for the students who are studying at UG and PG levels. At the same time, the scholarship is meant to be awarded to those offering brilliance in various professional courses. [toc]
MHRD Merit Scholarship Details
MHRD Merit Scholarships are eligible for the various professional courses which include various Medical, Engineering, Para-medical, Biotechnology, Polytechnic, and similar students. The total number of scholarships is distributed among the various states on the basis of the demography of the state. The applicant for the scholarship must be aged between 18 and 25 years.
The scholarships are segregated among CBSE and CISCE at the first instance then other examination boards prevailing in the country are considered. However, the allocation is made on the basis of passed-outs. The HR ministry has clear instructions regarding the allocation of scholarships. It says that the passed-out students from the Science, Commerce, and Humanities streams will be entitled to the scholarship in a ratio of 3:2:1.
MHRD Merit Scholarship – Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||MHRD National Merit Scholarship Scheme|
|Type of Scholarship||Central Government|
|Who can apply||All the students of Inter, UG, Polytechnic, PG|
|Aim of the scholarship/scheme||Financial assistance to students|
|Criteria to get Scholarship||Merit-based|
Rate Of NSP Scholarships
The Students/Candidates who come under the scholarship scheme will get INR 1000/month for the 3years who are at the UG level and INR 2000/month if they are pursuing their PG. The candidates from the professional courses will be entitled to have a sum of INR 2000 per month while they are pursuing their 4th and 5th year of studies.
MHRD Merit Scholarship Eligibility
Students/Candidates who wish to apply for MHRD Scholarships should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The scholarship is deemed to be open for those who are currently pursuing a regular medical or engineering courses
- The institution/college should be AICTE, DCI, or MCI approved/recognized.
- The selected students must score above 80th percentile of the successful students in the stream that he/she is pursuing in the XII standard
- The overall annual income of the student’s family should not exceed INR 8 lakhs.
- The authority will recommend the selected student’s validity based on their other scholarship too.
- The students must pursue his/her studies in regular mode only. No correspondence or distance learners will be entertained for such scholarships.
MHRD Merit Scholarship Documents
- Aadhaar Card Details
- Voter identity card
- Driving License
- Permanent Account Number
- Certificate of identity having a photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead;
- Identity Card issued by the college or institute or university.
- Any other documents specified in the notification
MHRD Scholarship Latest Updates[blockquote]
Students can check the details regarding MHRD Scholarship, Eligibility criteria and also check the eligibility, Register here for fresh students also here. As of now, the Beneficiary list or sanctioned list, and other details are applicable for the academic year 2019-20.
MHRD Merit Scholarship Apply
To be eligible for application to the Central Sector Schemes of Scholarships through MHRD, the candidate must clear the high-school exam and should have to score above 80%. The candidates can apply through the NSP Portal. The candidates can apply through the respective portal for the particular scholarship. These are granted to the students pursuing masters, research, and other doctoral studies.
The MHRD India website is known as ‘Sakshat’ which works as a nominating agency to conduct various cultural and educational programs. In order to be declared eligible for Government Grants, an individual will have to submit a copy of his/her Aadhaar Card. In lieu of that, proofing the authorization towards the Aadhaar is possible too.
Steps For Registering For MHRD Merit Scholarship 2020
- Logging into the official website of the National Scholarship portal i.e., scholarships.gov.in.
- Clicking the button named ‘New Registration.’ Study the guidelines for registration and click ‘Continue.’
- A new page will appear on the screen which asks your personal details to enter.
- There will be checkbox for the Aadhaar Card and Bank Account details for confirmation. Click on that boxes and fill the columns shown which is mandatory.
- After getting it done, you will get a student registration ID. Keep the ID number with you for further inquiries and references.
- The login ID and password which is used in the NSP portal will be Application ID and DOB.
- You will get an OTP of 5 digits in your RMN.
- On clicking the ‘Apply’ button makes you declare the details entered.
- After the said details, you will have to click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button to switch over to the next page where you can find the ‘Contact Details and Scheme Details’ to refer.
- Based on your eligibility criteria, appropriate schemes will be displayed and you have to select the scheme and fill the form with required details based on eligibility.
- Re-check all the entries you have made and click on the ‘Final Submit’ button. It is better to take a print for further reference and as an acknowledgment
MHRD Merit Scholarship Renewal procedure
- For students after the 2015 Academic Year: Students who completed Class XII and also who received fresh/renewal scholarship through the NSP scholarships.gov.in to renew the scholarships.
- For students before 2015 Academic Year: Students who passed 12th Class before 2015, required to get the renewal application form from the State Education Boards and submit them after duly certified from their institutions which are required to certify:
- The student has to secure more than 50 % of marks in the previous exam,
- The student should have 75 % attendance, and
- The student is not involved in any ragging activities.
NOTE: Renewal applications sent directly to the Ministry of Human Resource Development shall not be accepted. In case of any grievances/complaint regarding the above scheme, the same may be registered here.