MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019-20: The National Merit Scholarship Scheme which was operative till 31st March 2007 was aimed to provide financial assistance to meritorious students studying in Class XII of 10+2 to those who are in the level of Post-graduation. With the banishment of the scheme, our Union Government has introduced another scholarship scheme named as Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship For College and University. Like the earlier one, this has also aimed to guard the pecuniary blockage of needy students from struggling families studying at high school level onwards.
The MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019 is awarded on the basis of results in the senior secondary examination. A total of 82000 new scholarships are created per year that is equally distributed among boys and girls. The scholarship is aimed to cover the financial lacking of those studying at Undergraduate and Post Graduate levels. At the same time, the scholarship is meant to be awarded to those offering brilliance in various professional courses.
These include various Medical, Engineering, Para-medical, Biotechnology, Polytechnic, and similar students. The total number of scholarships is distributed among the various states on the basis of the demography of the state. The applicant for the scholarship must be aged between 18 and 25 years.
The scholarships are segregated among CBSE and CISCE at the first instance then other examination boards prevailing in the country are considered. However, the allocation is made on the basis of passed-outs. The HR ministry has clear instruction regarding the allocation of scholarships. It says that the passed-out students from the Science, Commerce, and Humanities streams will be entitled to the scholarship in a ratio of 3:2:1.
- MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Rate Of NSP Scholarships
- MHRD National Merit Scholarships to TSBIE & AP Colleges
- Who Can Apply for MHRD Merit Scholarship
- How to Apply For MHRD Merit Scholarship
- Steps For Registering For MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019
- The Required Documents For Applying For MHRD Merit Scholarship
- MHRD Merit Scholarship Renewal procedure
- National Scholarship Provisional Allotted List
MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
|Date of Opening||15-07-2019|
|Closing date of Receipt Applications||31.10.2019|
|last date of verification of applications by the institutions||15.11.2019|
|last date of verification of applications by State Education Boards||30.11.2019|
Rate Of NSP Scholarships
The beneficiaries to the scholarship scheme will get an amount of INR 1000 per month for the three years at the undergraduate level and INR 2000 per month while they are pursuing their post-graduation. The candidates from the professional courses will be entitled to have a sum of INR 2000 per month while they are pursuing their 4th and 5th year of studies.
MHRD National Merit Scholarships to TSBIE & AP Colleges
This year, the Central Human Resources Department has allocated 2,570 merit scholarships to Telangana State. These scholarships are going to be granted to Intermediate Examination qualifiers. The scholarship will be provided for a period of five years. During the first three years, the nominated value of scholarships will be INR 10,000 per year. In the subsequent two years, the amount will be doubled and each of the selected candidates will get an amount of INR 20,000 a year. On the basis of intermediate examination results held in March 2019, the Internal Board has made a panel of 6,670 students.
MHRD CENTER SECTOR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME PROVISIONAL ALLOTTED LIST-IPE-MARCH-2019, TSBIE
- Last Date for submission of Fresh applications by students for the A.Y. 2019-20, Date: 31-10-2019.
- Last date for 1st Renewal of 2018-19 batch: Date: 31-10-2019.
- Last date for 2nd Renewal of 2017-18 batch: Date: 31-10-2019.
- Last date for 3rd Renewal of 2016-17 batch: Date: 31-10-2019.
- Last date for 4th Renewal of 2015-16 batch: Date: 31-10-2019.
The selected students get the sum through DBT Transfer. The system has made the flow of government funds towards the beneficiaries simpler and faster. The electronic recording has enabled the perfect targeting of such beneficiaries. The government has introduced a system called the Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System or CPSMS. This is a Web-based Transaction system. This helps to facilitate various payment modules prevailing in the country. These include the Aadhaar Payment Bridge, Electronic Clearance Service, The National Electronic Clearance Service, and National Electronic Funds Transfer.
Who Can Apply for MHRD Merit Scholarship
The Ministry of Human Resource in India has fixed up certain eligibility criteria for application to enjoy the TSBIE MHRD Merit Scholarships. It reckons stringent measures to check the qualification for application to this financial grant. The clauses can be enumerated as under:
- The notification has identified the students from whom the grantable matches will be taken. The scholarship is deemed to be open for those who are currently pursuing a regular medical or engineering courses
- The affiliating body should be AICTE, DCI or MCI approved and recognized colleges.
- The selected students must score above 80th percentile of the successful students in the stream that he/she is pursuing in the XII standard
- The overall annual earning of the family of the applicant students must not exceed INR 8 lakhs.
- The authority will recommend the validity of the selected students on the basis of his/her awarding with another scholarship too
- The students must pursue his/her studies in regular mode only. No correspondence or distance learners will be entertained for such scholarships
How to Apply For MHRD Merit Scholarship
To be eligible for application to the Central Sector Schemes of Scholarships through MHRD, the candidate must have to clear the qualifying high-school examination and score above 80 percentile. These candidates can apply online through the National Scholarship portal. They may apply through the respective application portal recommended for a particular scholarship. The ministry has also allocated some external scholarships. These are granted to the students pursuing masters, research and other doctoral studies. The web portal of MHRD India is known as ‘Sakshat.’ This website is also entrusted to work as a nominating agency to conduct various cultural and educational exchange programs.
In order to be declared eligible for Government Grants, an individual will have to submit a copy of his/her Aadhaar Card. In lieu of that, proofing the authorization towards the Aadhaar is possible too.
Steps For Registering For MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019
- Logging into the official website of National Scholarship portal
- Clicking the button named ‘New Registration.’
- Study the guidelines for registration
- Click ‘Continue.’
- A new page would appear that will seek your personal details
- There are checkboxes confirming possession of Aadhaar Card, as well as Bank Account details. Filling the mandatory columns is mandatory.
- After getting it done, you will get a student registration ID. Keeping the ID number for future references and inquiries are solicited.
- The login ID and password that were used to log into the NSP portal are deemed to become the Application ID and DOB respectively.
- You will get an OTP of 5 digits in your RMN. Confirmation of the OTP will help you to change the password you provided to another one
- Clicking the ‘Apply’ button will require you to declare the registration, academic, and other basic details.
- After the said details, you will have to click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button to switch over to the next page. The next page will show the ‘Contact Details and Scheme Details.’
- There, you will enter the following;
- Your contact details
- Based on your eligibility criteria, appropriate schemes will be displayed
- You will have to select the scheme and fill the form with required details
- Re-check all the entries you have made
Finish your application by clicking on the ‘Final Submit’ button. It is better to take a print for further reference and as an acknowledgment
The Required Documents For Applying For MHRD Merit Scholarship
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- Application made for Aadhaar enrolment
- Voter identity card
- Driving License
- Permanent Account Number
- Certificate of identity having a photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead;
- Identity Card issued by the college or institute or university.
- Any other documents specified in the notification
MHRD Merit Scholarship Renewal procedure
For students of Academic Year 2015 and onwards:
Students who have passed Class XII and have received fresh/renewal scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) must apply online in the National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in for the renewal scholarships.
For students of Academic Year prior to 2015:
Students who have passed Class XII prior to 2015, are required to obtain the renewal application blank form from the respective State Education Boards and submit the same duly certified from their respective institutions which are required to certify:
- that the student has secured 50 % or more marks in the previous exam,
- that the student has 75 % attendance and
- that the student is not involved in any ragging activities.
Renewal applications sent directly to the Ministry of Human Resource Development shall not be accepted.
In case of any grievances/complaint regarding the above scheme, the same may be registered here
National Scholarship Provisional Allotted List
This is a list that states the names of the shortlisted candidates that have fulfilled the eligibility norms. The list would be displayed on the webpage of the National Scholarship Portal. Students can log into the site and check the status of their application. The respective roll numbers have also been displayed